Homestead Getaway at Myrtleford – BRH
Victoria Homestead Getaway is located on the Buffalo River 3 km South of Myrtleford and 17 km from Lake Buffalo at the foothills of Mt Buffalo. This charming property is set on 7.5 acres of farmland that hugs the Buffalo River. There is about 500 meters of Private River including beach frontage.
Historically it was the stop over point for the cattle being brought down off the high plains from The Abbeyards and Dandongadale. The property was owned by the Lillis family who transported a basic 3 room cottage onto the property in 1950. They added some extra rooms and raised their family here. It can be noted that many of the standard roses and the apple tree were planted by the Lillis family in the fifties. They owned much of the land around and used this property as a nursery for the tobacco plants. They sold the property to another family by 1990, who ran it as a horse stud. I purchased the property in 1998 and have kept an assortment of livestock here since, including horses. The current homestead was built in 2012 with much thought put into the design in terms of comfort and aesthetics.
- Myrtleford is minutes away by car and features 2 supermarkets open 7 days till late and many fine restaurants as well as good pub meals and a selection of takeaways.
- Myrtleford is in a prime location with less than an hour’s drive to many of the popular tourist towns in the North East.
- The Buffalo River is only meters from the fenced yard.
- A short walk along its banks will bring you to some wonderful swimming holes and beaches.
- Lake Buffalo is only 10 minutes away were any number of water sports can be indulged, including jet skiing and water skiing.
- The Buffalo River is great to Kayak especially between Buffalo River Homestead and Merriang Junction (2 hours).
Bali: Planning for Bali Wedding Packages or Bali Experiences? Check our Amazing Deals & Options: