Collection of information
Parties2Weddings may collect personal information from you in a number of ways. We may collect personal information directly from you or in the course of our dealings with you, for example when you:
- Register to use our Websites or part of them as a Parties2Weddings supplier or Customer
- log in to use our Websites via your social networking site account;
- Subscribe to receive newsletter and alerts, and filling in forms, applications, surveys or research, participating in promotions and competitions on the Websites or websites of our service providers;
- Provide personal information to us;
We may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources of information. We do not collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information.
The purposes for which we collect your information may include but is not limited to:
- Verifying your identity; contacting you (including via electronic)
- Messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner);
- Developing and improving our services and obtaining feedback.
If we are not able to collect personal information about you we may not be able to provide you with products, services and assistance to the extent that they require us to collect, use or disclose personal information. We may also collect information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on our Websites (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies and measurement software or data relating to survey responses. You acknowledge that the personal information we collect from you is your own information or information, which you have been authorised to provide to us.
Security of your personal information
Parties2Weddings will strive to ensure the security, integrity of any personal information we collect. We will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure, Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, Parties2Weddings excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
- We may store your files in hard copy or electronically in our ordinary IT systems. These may include Australian-based cloud servers or the servers of third parties within Australia or outside Australia.
- Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems and endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information
- We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies.
Using and disclosing your personal information: We aim to provide you with the best experience of our websites possible, Parties2Weddings may use your personal information to send you information and product updates about Parties2Weddings website, products and services.
We may contact you at any email or other address or contact point, which we have collected or obtained in order to:
- Contact you about your business profile or other content such as reviews, which you have posted on a Parties2Weddings;
- Provide you with updated information about Parties2Weddings website; or provide you with other information about other products or services which you may enjoy.
If you are receiving promotional information from Parties2Weddings and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by contacting the Parties2Weddings and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 working days for this request to be processed.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- Sharing your personal information with our advisors and consultants; and with third-party service providers we use in conducting our business, subject to confidentiality provisions as we deem appropriate (including, without limitation, insurance brokers, banks, document production, outsourcing providers, billing or data storage services, virus scanning and other technology services providers, and archival services providers).
- Use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you; and share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services. relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
- Some of the third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may be located outside Australia. For example, we may disclose personal information to external national or overseas facilities in the course of conducting information and data processing or for the purposes of obtaining other services from third parties. The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. In the course of our business operation, we take services from third parties located in countries such as, India, USA and UK.
Web browser cookies
Links to other sites
We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement. And lastly, even though Parties2Weddings respects your right to privacy, remember that any information you provide to us via our website may be intercepted by others and used in unscrupulous ways. As a site that does not utilise secure layers, we have absolutely no control over this.
Updated: 10th Nov 2015